Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th!

Happy fourth of July everyone!  It has been a great weekend!  It all started with my breakfast from heaven... a red white and blue yogurt parfait!  (with a fresh layer of cute little strawberries from the garden).  
Then Kennedi came home!  She has been in Idaho for a week and we were all excited to see her.  Grama, cousin Jake, and cousin Shaylee drove her home.  Shaylee stayed at our house and will be here till wednesday!
A glimpse to the 2nd coming?...

That night i ditched my family (i still feel bad for that!) and went to watch the Sandy City Fireworks with my friends.  It was a fun night!
Our Sunday 4th festivities included watching Dad's favorite... A More Perfect Union.  I wish I knew if it was good or not!  I fell asleep in the first five minutes :)
Overall, it's been a great Independence Day celebration!  And it's not over yet!  Tomorrow we will be going boating and I can't wait!  Let's all pray for good weather!
Oh ya, we also have a bird staying with us for the rest of the summer!  Collette's class pet, Bubbles, has made her way into our home.  We all like her a lot..... sort of.
Her latest trick is letting herself out of the cage and flying straight to Dad's shoulder.  Dad couldn't be more pleased.  :)  He even took Bubbles to the bathroom with him.  As Collette put it.. "Man's best friend!

4 comments:

  1. that parfait looks yummy!! i went to the sandy fireworks too but with my fam...i should have meet up with everyone!! love the bird :) happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killing me! Love the mug shots:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok believe it or not i love a more perfect union! i think its way interesting!! lol i love the parfait! it looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sort of forgot about your blog for a small second! I love the fonts! So cute! I will add you to my list so I can't forget anymore.

    ReplyDelete