Monday, June 18, 2012

growing up... one baby step at a time

I'm doing it!  I am growing up.  Those of you that have known me longer than an hour have learned that I am rather cautious... For example, just the thought of kidnappers, tubing, and especially the freeway makes me want to lock myself in my room and not come out until the millennium.  In my more than seventeen and a half years I have never been on a roller coaster willingly, and when I have gone there has been lots of kicking and screaming and eventually crying.
  
Well, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, Cassidy Merideth Cook is at last getting over her fears!  For Memorial Day, my friend took me to Lagoon with his family.... and guess what?  I went on every single ride they went on!  Without even crying!  They did hear the phrase, "I HATE YOU ALL!!" repeatedly, but the point is I did it.   AND the week before I drove on the freeway.  All by myself!!!  Man, I'm making such progress I feel like a whole new woman full of wisdom and strength.  :)  I'll probably go run a marathon and jump out of a plane. 

As to my progress in my previous post... that's coming along too.  I am reading the scriptures well and I've increased my goal to finish the entire Book of Mormon before school starts.  Tough, but I'm feeling quite motivated and I know I can do it!  The running is coming along a little slower.  However, Katelin and I have registered for a 10k race on the 24th of July which will provide a lot more motivation.  (In other words... we have paid $40 so we dang well better run). 

Life is good.  Summer is good.  I'm so glad I made it through junior year (still with a 3.9 GPA, thank goodness!).  I took the ACT again on saturday, so hopefully I increased my score.  And for the rest of the summer my goal is to simply always do something!  I will not be wasting away my summer.  I will either be working (selling corn when July rolls around), running, practicing voice or piano, cleaning, trying out a new craft or a recipe, entertaining myself outside with friends, reading the scriptures,  ANYTHING but sitting around watching T.V.  

This is the summer of progress and growth. 

This is the Summer of Cassidy.







P.S.  Am I the only one struggling with fonts on Blogger?  Twill not stay on what I want... any experts know what to do?

4 comments:

  1. I have struggled with fonts a bit. They look good though. Like the new look. Good luck with the 10k and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just signed up for the 10k. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just struggling with blogger in general...
    oh and dont forget that you'll hang out with clair july 23-30 before she goes to EFY at BYU :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. when you say we paid $40, you mean I paid $80? you DANG well better run :)

    ReplyDelete