Sunday, October 20, 2013

Farewells, Birthdays, and Other Goings On!

Click here for the grand tour of my apartment and here to read about some major future plans..


I was SO grateful to be able to visit home after only two weeks of being away.  My best friend from the womb, Leslie Dixon, is serving the Lord in Finland and had her farewell.  She did SUCH a great job and will be a fabulous missionary.  Our other friend, Baylie Benson, is leaving soon to serve in Ukraine!  It was our last time to have the three of us together.. and we only JUST realized we make a great blonde joke... Check out these tender pictures of our goodbye














I also got to be home for Daddy's birthday!!! It was sooo fun to be with the family and celebrate the best dad in the world!


It was also nice to be home and spend time with my little sissies again.  I was actually grateful to see that they had stolen my phone and had taken about 45 pictures of themselves AND my nephews.. Thanks girlies! You are so pretty and I miss you like crazy!









Man, they are cute.  PS... Courtney, I am coming home on Sunday November 24 for Baylie's farewell... please have your baby this night.  I will be home for the entirety of the week and returning to the Burg the following Sunday.. this gives me sufficient time to hold my new nephew.  Thank you.  :) 




Then I went home and had a birthday!!  My first birthday away from home... tragic.  But my roommates (and our friends across the hall that we call "The Bigs") were the sweetest sweethearts ever and made me feel extra special!!!  They decorated, surprised me, gave me way too many presents, and took me to Applebees!! Seriously.  It was the bomb.  
My mommy also spoiled me!  She sent me home from my Utah trip with a cooler full of crock pot freezer meals!  WHAT A BLESSING!  I have been living off peanut butter and chocolate chips so let's just say I'm preeeetty darn grateful.  She even sent me a gluten free cake mix, frosting, AND candles and sprinkles so I could have a real birthday.  I've got the best mama xoxo
I also received maaaany many letters and cards and gifts via mail!  Thank you to everyone who gave me gas money and food gift cards and fun money and more.  Your love meant the world to me!  I shan't go hungry again!  At least for a while.. ;)  I love my family and friends!  I'm a blessed little girl.












Don't I just look so much older and wiser? 



THEN I was blessed to have sweet Baylie come visit me!!! How nice of her?!?  Unfortunately, I'm not much of a party person... or a social gatherings person.. or a "know everything to do around town" person so I hope the Burg didn't bore her too much... But I was sure grateful to have her here :)



We went together to watch Clair's swim meet.  She was made Assistant Coach and did an amazing job!!


We also met up with our sweet friend Melinda.  We went to high school together and were all in Madrigals.  She goes to BYU-I too and I haven't even seen her yet so it was fun to catch up!

We went to a delicious Thai place on Main Street that my brother-in-law JD recommended.   It's nice to have a Rexburg Vet in the family!

Other random updates...

I burned my hair off one day and set off the fire alarm twice... my blowdryer seems to be a different temperature in Rexburg...



This is what I eat.  It is delicious.

It snowed one day!!! I lassoed my roommate into wearing my Christmas sweater and celebrating briefly with me.  It was so jolly.






I was so grateful to get Katelin's old iPhone last year.  She already had a crack in it, but of course that didn't bother me. It just made me feel better about dropping it... again.. and again... aaaand again.  It got pretty bad and luckily I had an upgrade when the new iPhone 5c came out!  Plastic sounds good for my habits.. 

Ordered these beauties on eBay.. they are phone case wallets because I NEVER know where any of my important cards are.. these solve the problem!  And just look at how pretty they are!!


Special shout out to Sister Lym for sending me my first package!!!  How nice is that?!?  The scarf is lovely and will keep me so warm!  PLUS there's no way I could ever look at that and not think of Diane.  I love it.  

I especially love that she addressed my package to "The Sensational Cassidy Cook".  That's the bomb.  




Sending my love from the Burg.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment